The next day was our 5th anniversary. I can't believe we've been married 5 years already!! Anyway, my wonderful mom came down to spend the night with Drew (sniff sniff...my first night away from Drew), so Matt and I could go to Salt Lake to the cutest bed and breakfast called The Inn on the Hill. It is only a few blocks from Temple Square. That night we walked to dinner at the Gateway, a scrumptous Thai restaurant called Thaifoon. Mmm... so good. We were so stuffed after dinner that we walked around downtown SLC. It was so nice to walk around and not have a care in the world. We felt like newlyweds again! The B&B makes an awesome gourmet breakfast. We left that morning feeling so refreshed and ready for the next 5 years!! It was absolutely wonderful and much needed.
Here's looking back!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I am completely and totally aware how lucky I am to have the husband that I do. Heavenly Father's timing is perfect, even though it seems crazy at the time. Matt is exactly the man I needed. He is so kind, patient, and gentle. Marrying Matt has been the best decision I've ever made. He balances me so well. He is the best dad in the whole world. I love watching Drew's whole face light up when I tell him "Daddy's home!" and we run to the door. Matt is a proactive Dad. He's always right there playing with Drew and discovering new things. I love seeing the adoration that Drew has for Matt. Sometimes I wonder, How did I get so lucky...
You are so beautiful and I feel like such a dud of of a friend for not calling you on your birthday. Sounds like a great day. Hey I would love to get your sister-in-laws info. Where exactly do they live? That would be cool to meet them. I hope all is going well. Love Ya! and Happy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to echo Rachel's comments on being such a bum! Happy Birthday!!!! I'm so glad you had the perfect day and a wonderful anniversary! You deserve it girl! We just came out to Utah for my grandma's funeral and I was so bummed that I didn't get a chance to stop and see you guys while I was there! I miss you guys and those pics of your engagement and wedding brought back SO many GREAT memories! I love Matt to death. I would have to agree that he is one of the luckiest guys (no, you didn't say that, but it is true so I thought I'd say it for you!) and you are one of the luckiest girls and Drew is one of the luckiest little boys in the world! It just does my heart so much good to know you guys are so happy. I love you all to death and miss you! Woohoo for five great years!!!
ReplyDelete